Sunday 25 December 2011

Food coma

I think this year has topped all recent Christmases in the amount of food put in my belly. Which means I've found some way to be horizontal since guests left my mom's place at 9ish.

When I was younger it was worse, since sometimes we would have so many people over we would have to make it buffet-style so everyone would fit. It was a ridiculous amount of tasty treats and everything was so good you just couldn't say no. And there were multiple desserts. Not two or three - we're talking seven. And it would mostly be gone by the end of it.

Now that holidays are less zoo-like, food has been scaled back and I've found a way to stay upright. Not this time. Nope. Wine and turkey means yum-tastic sleepiness. Cheesecake means I need to be rolled everywhere.

So once everyone left, this was my view (below) and I stayed that way until I got upstairs to my old bedroom. Need to sleep this off.

And no doubt breakfast will be leftovers. Ah, the magical holiday season! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment