Friday 11 November 2011

What if....

I've always wondered what my life would be like if I had chosen a different career path. Or even the same career path but a different specialization (so I guess a parallel trail).

There are just so many questions: Would I like it as much? Would I be farther along? Would I make more money? Have less debt? Would I have similar friends? More of them? Less? Would I still be in my home town? Paris?  Be a home-owner? Have a dog?  Have an iguana? Be married? Completely against relationships?

There are more but I figured I'd limit it to 14. (I care about the people). It's the stuff I think about when I'm having a jogging pants and sushi Friday night after a long and busy week.

I really shouldn't complain about where I am right now, but this seems to be the year of reflection for me. I guess I've taken to evaluating my life bit by bit and figuring out where to tweak it. Mostly because I've realised one really important thing this year: life is too short to not have stuff in it that you really want.

Like sushi and jogging pants on a Friday night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment